Summer is here and you must be wondering how you can save yourself from sinking into your own boredom? No problem. We have got you covered. You can have fun this summer without blowing all your budget. Here is a list of 20 best things to do in summer that will uplift your mood when you are giving up to boredom.
Go Stargazing on a pleasantly Warm Summer Night
#1 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
It’s like you are trying to unravel the mysteries of the universe. There is nothing more humbling and awe- inspiring than knowing where you stand in these vast multitudes of our galaxies. A fun, relaxing and heart-warming activity! What you can do is try to name each star in your vision or choose a particular star, befriend it, spill your heart out knowing that your secrets will be safe and seemingly understood! The best therapy to do away with all the worries you have. You can also schedule your stargazing when there is a meteor shower. Also, get a friend to tag along whose is good company and you both enjoy the same things. Share your knowledge about different stars.
After spending a few days doing this activity, you’ll notice an emergence of these qualities in yourself:
- Clear perspective on life
- Bond with Nature
- Relaxed Nerves
- Realization of Self-worth
- A sense of gratefulness
Join a Swimming Class
#2 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Swimming not only helps you fight off the heat but also has several health benefits. It keeps your heart rate up and builds endurance in your body. It is proved to be an effective exercise for losing weight and gaining muscle strength. Apart from that, swimming is a primary tool that should be in your personal kit of life-saving skills. You never know when a calamity may hit. We should equip ourselves with as many skills as possible. Swimming being one of them! Almost all of your muscles are flexed and stretched during swimming so it is an overall body workout. There will also be other people in the class so you’ll be able to make new friends and increase your social circle.
Other benefits of swimming:
- Relieves stress
- You feel good about yourself.
- Improves flexibility
- Available in many places – swimming pools, beaches, dams, rivers, and lakes.
- A low-budget activity which you can continue even after the summer break is over.
Make sure that you warm up before getting into the pool. Wear a life jacket if you feel the need.
Plan a Vacation
#3 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
There is no better time than summer vacations to get your wheels rolling. You can go on a
road trip with your friends or on a vacation abroad with your family/friends. Go someplace where the trees are and the weather isn’t hot enough that it peels your skin off! Plan your trip wisely Before you set off for your destination. Know everything about where you’ll be staying, places you’ll be visiting, how much money you’ll be spending. Most importantly, do not fall for the tourist scams. You can visit one of the historic cities like Prague, Rome or you can plan your trip to an island like Bora Bora, Phuket or Capri.
What you should be doing while on your vacation:
- Be adventurous.
- Go to the beaches. Let your wild out.
- Learn the native language of the place you are visiting.
- Do not shy away from doing silly things with your friends.
- Try different cuisines.
To get ideas for your next vacation click on this link Top 30 Places To Visit in 2017.
This might help if you want to plan an island vacation this summer Most Beautiful Islands in the World.
Arrange a Water Balloon Fight and Invite Everyone
#4 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Balloon fights are a fun way to enjoy the colors of summer with your friends and family. Show your loved ones how much you care about them by dropping a balloon on their head! What you can do to make the event lively and colorful is first, get the balloons of different colors. Secondly, fill them with colored water. Gather a large group of people at a spacious place and let your savage loose.
Get ideas from here for your next water balloon fight.
Never Miss a Festival!
#5 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Food Festivals – Several food festivals are arranged in Summer season including chocolate festivals and other food festivals. Why you should not miss a food festival:
- Local cuisine is highlighted in these festivals.
- Many qualified chefs make an appearance in these festivals. You can take recipes of your favorite dishes and ask for tips and tricks to give your food just that extra touch.
- Competitions are held. You might just win one of them.
- Festivals that last over a week or so also offer cooking classes. You can join one of these crash courses to kick-start your cooking experience.
- Go with your friends. Buy them their favorite food. It is basically your love disguised as food!
Music Festivals – Why you should visit a music festival? There are several answers to your question.
- Your favorite musician is going to be there.
- You might just get a chance of taking a picture or an autograph of your favorite musician.
- Music festivals offer a chance of making friends with people who share your level of passion for music.
- The atmosphere is lively and it makes you feel better about yourself.
Visit all the Parks you can
#6 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
You must have visited some parks in your city as a child. if you live in the same town where
you spent your childhood, visit all of these parks again. Let nostalgia take over. Try to remember who you came to these parks with. What you did there. Can you do all those things again? Go down the memory lane if it has pleasant stops. What else you can do in these parks:
- Take a journal with you. While you are there try interacting with people. Document the significant conversations.
- You can grab ideas for your garden from the parks.
- Help an elderly.
- Try catching some fireflies.
- Write in your journal the name of every park you visited against the date.
Go Cliff Diving or Jet Skiing
#7 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
A fun and daring experience. Having personally ticked cliff diving off of my bucket list, I highly recommend this deed of courage but an extreme adventure. It requires courage to be able to jump in the first place but once you are in the water it feels like a piece of cake. Also, a fun way to overcome your fear of heights and water. But do not try this if you have a height phobia.
Read this article – Cliff Diving – before actually jumping from a cliff.
Along with cliff diving, jet skiing is another way of relieving yourself from summer boredom. Although it is not free of cost like cliff diving. You’ll have to rent a jet ski. Summer is a great time to try all the water sports and be done with your fear of trying new things. Jet skiing is somewhat a safe experience with extreme thrill and excitement as compared to other watersports. But make sure your jet ski is all prepped up and in good shape. Wear a life jacket in case.
Plan a Picnic with your family
#8 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Summer is the best time to do away with all the complaints of your family (complaints that you don’t spend time with them). Search for a nice breezy spot. Invite your uncles and aunts and their kids. Get all the people in a van. Set off for your destination.
- Make your that you have all the necessary supplies.
- Arrange fun activities and different sports matches among the family members.
- Make sure you have good food for lunch/dinner.
Walk around the city when the temperature is down/Pedal around town
#9 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Google search your area for suitable walking places and architectures. Grab a bicycle if you know how to ride. You’ll notice that you are exploring some parts of the city for the very first time.
Here is what you can do while you are out on the streets:
- Before going out grab some water bottles and sandwiches for the laborers and police force appointed at different points in the city.
- Be generous in your smiles and hellos.
- Document the places in your journal that you think have some significance.
Don’t go running inside when it rains
#10 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Rain – one of the most anticipated things in Summer. You can be satisfied watching it rain from the comfort of your bed or you can be perkier and let yourself be drenched in water. The choice is yours. Wetting yourself in rain is a fun way of washing off all the frustration caused by heat.
- First, make sure that you are not sick and drenching in rain will not damage your health.
- Have all the fun you want. Dance in the rain like nobody is watching. Not in Pakistan though!
- Take a bath afterward.
Get a Pet or Set up your Garden
#11 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Getting a pet can greatly improve your quality of life. You will not have to be alone in your room thinking about all that did or didn’t happen. The feeling that there is a living creature that depends on you for its survival is heart-warming and makes you responsible to some extent. Also, having a pet can reduce stress and anxiety, lift your mood and help you stay active throughout the day. But make sure that you take good care of these little beings.
Gardening is a refreshing and fun activity open to everyone regardless of their age and gender. You get to know about different plants – when they should be watered, whether they need shade or the sun for their survival. You can also plant vegetables and herbs and give your very first produce as a gift to your mother. Moreover, plant some colorful flowers to give your garden a lively touch. Your garden’s shape is a reflection of how organized you are as a person. You can also plant some fragrant flowers so that there is a pleasant aroma throughout the house in the evenings. Furthermore, make use of lights to give that expert touch to your garden.
Spend some Time making DIY gifts for Friends and Family
#12 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Show how much you care for the people in your life by making a Do-It-Yourself gift for them. A lot of things can go wrong while making a DIY gift for someone. But you don’t have to feel bad even if it doesn’t turn out quite well. At least you tried and it is all that matters. Your family and friends will appreciate your effort more than the end result. Here is a bunch of ideas to get you started:
- You can make a customized lamp with their pictures on it.
- Make a scrapbook.
- A picture frame for their perfect photos.
- Hair bows, pins, and bands.
- Bracelets and a whole lot of accessories.
- Make a food basket for your foodie buddy.
- Customize some cell phone covers.
Achieve your ideal weight this Summer!
#13 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
There is no perfect time than summer to lose all the unwanted calories. Days are longer in summer hence providing you with some extra hours to spend with yourself. You can also go on night walks in the cool summer breeze. Make your sweat count this summer. Shine in those bright summer color dresses with the ideal weight. Meanwhile, you should set realistic goals for yourself. Know that media portrays a false image of a woman’s body. Just make sure that you stay healthy and achieve your ideal figure at the same time. Here is what you can do to lose some calories this summer:
- Follow a healthy diet plan. Eat lots of vegetables. Drink lots of water.
- Drink detox water.
- Develop an exercise routine for yourself. Practice it.
- Move about a lot. Walk a mile after every meal.
Furthermore, you can also work on improving your memory and concentration this summer. Take notes from this article to have an improved memory and a better concentration Best ways to increase memory and concentration.
Channel your inner Marco Pierre White
#14 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
First of all, if you don’t know who Marco Pierre White, Google his name. Now take inspiration from this great chef and start cooking the amazing dishes following his perfect recipes. You can always bring your own touch by changing a thing or two in the recipe. Your first few dishes might not be perfect but don’t let that discourage you. Make some cute tiny dishes for the children, like cookies with smiley faces on them. Also, make something fancy for your parents and siblings to make them believe in your capabilities of cooking.
Fight the Heat with all you got
#15 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
First of all buy a sunblock, an umbrella, and a water bottle. Don’t go out without applying sunblock on your face and hands and feet. Take your water bottle with you wherever you go. Drink lots of water. Don’t go out without an umbrella. Stay under the shades. Excessive heat can not only damage your health but also can be a cause of severe headaches and skin freckles. Many people don’t take proper care of themselves hence are dehydrated and their energy levels remain low. You can get a pack of glucose or vitamin pills to boost your energy level.
Start making some Money
#16 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Get a part time job and earn your pocket money yourself. Being financially independent is one of the best feelings in the world. The realization that you can fulfill your own needs and also get things for other people is more empowering than ever. Start with a humble and low paying job if you are not highly qualified. Don’t shy away from working hard to get a small sum of money.
Develop a new Hobby
#17 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Do something you love and you’ll never have to work. A hobby is something that doesn’t have a stigma of work attached to it. Hence, it is pleasurable and productive at the same time. Below mentioned are some benefits of having a hobby:
- You can take a break from a hobby.
- Hobbies make you feel excited about life. You have that motivation to get things done without having the sword of a deadline hanging over your head.
- They offer a new challenge and make you compete with your previous achievements.
- You can socialize better with people who have the same hobby and share your level of excitement about it.
- They make you believe in present forgetting about the worries of future and regrets of past.
- Hobbies also have positive health benefits. It is medically proven that doing something joyful on a daily basis results in lower blood pressures, better body mass index and reduced stress levels.
Redecorate your Home
#18 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Get ideas from the internet for interior design. Move some things around. Buy some new things and change the look of your home. Buy some flowers and place them at different places in your home. You can also make use of indoor plants to achieve a more detailed look. If you think painting the walls in plain colors is boring you can buy different wallpapers according to your taste. These wallpapers will give your walls an extraordinary touch.
Get a new look for yourself
#19 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Summer is just the right time to get a new look for yourself. Flaunt your freshly cut hair in those bright summer dresses. You can also color your hair to completely change the way how your hair look. Get some new dresses and matching accessories. Get ready. Go out. Receive compliments. Feel like a prince/princess. Just know that you look pretty and beautiful even if you don’t receive compliments. Feeling pretty is the more important thing because people have their own views about beauty. Don’t rely on their judgment. Just do it for yourself!
Make your Summer playlist
#20 of 20 Things to Do in Summer
Music not only helps lift your mood when you are bored, it also soothes your soul and helps you find meaning in your life. Stay updated about the latest songs being released. According to your taste, make a playlist that you can listen to repeatedly and not get bored. You can take your mp3 player with you when going out for the walk. Also, you can listen to this playlist when you are on the treadmill burning all those unwanted calories.
Also, get ideas from this article for your summer activities and endeavors Things to do during the Day.
Leave your comments in the comment section.